Don’t forget vaccinations and boosters29th November 2017
Why you should keep the chocolate to yourself this Easter…26th February 2018
With Valentine’s Day approaching, it’s a great excuse to show your pup even more affection than you would normally. And there are more reasons than you might think for thanking your pup for being a loyal and loving companion as studies have shown there are a lot of health and wellbeing benefits of owning a dog, including:
- Improved health – research has shown that dog owners have lower blood pressure and cholesterol than non-dog owners and they are less likely to have minor or serious health problems. They also visit the doctor less often and have a stronger immune system.
- Faster recovery from illness – dog owners often recover from illness quicker than non-dog owners and have higher survival rates after a heart attack. Children who own a dog also take fewer days off school due to sickness.
- Improved emotional wellbeing – dogs provide unconditional love, don’t judge their owners and provide fantastic company for people who live alone.
- Faster recovery from personal traumas – the love and affection shown by dogs to their owners can help them better deal with bereavement or other personal traumas such as relationship breakdowns.
- Getting fit – dogs make the perfect fitness companions and give their owners the perfect excuse to get moving and explore their local parks and beauty spots.
- New friendships – meeting other dog owners in your local area can help you to meet new friends who share your love for dogs. Having a dog with you can also act as a great conversation starter, helping to eliminate any awkward silences.
- Protection – from preventing unwanted visitors entering your property to keeping you safe while out and about, dogs are fantastic at acting as security guards for their families.
As well as all of these great health and wellbeing benefits of owning a dog, don’t forget how much fun bringing a dog into your home can be. So, make sure you show them some love this Valentine’s Day and thank them for bringing so much happiness into your life.